Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Camp Get Fit

For the month of July, Brock was able to get a job as the camp director of a program they do through the schools here called Camp Get Fit.  It is a program to help kids get fit.  Imagine that! :)  Seriously though, it helps teach the kids about exercising and good eating and what not.  Halfway through (2 weeks in), Brock calls home one day and asks me if Brek would like to come up and join.  I asked and she said yes, so off we went to camp!  I was a little nervous about it, but knowing Brock would be there to look out for her, I thought it would be good for her (She can be really shy and I really want her to be comfortable starting school).  Anyway, she loved it!!!  She went every day until the end!  7:30 AM - 4:00 PM Mon - Thurs (long day!)  This is a pic of her one morning all ready to go!

 While Brek was at camp, the boys and I had a lot of fun.  It was so weird not having Brek there.  It was really quiet!  For the first couple of hours in the morning the boys would just play quietly with their toys.  I LOVED IT!!!  Yes, I am excited for school to start. :)  And miraculously our house was lots cleaner.  This is one morning the boys found a lizard (it was almost dead).  Don't worry.  I didn't let them stab it.  Although it stayed there and died anyway. 


One morning Tyce was certain it was his birthday.  He was very adamant so I decided we could have a pretend bday party.  Here are the boys making the pretend cake (brownies).  They forgot about it after we popped the brownies into the oven which was a relief. 

Here Brek is on the last day of Camp Get Fit for their talent show.  

They did the macarena (sp?) and it was super cute.  I still can't believe she stood up there and did it!  So proud of her!  She is soooo shy!  (That is in big groups or when you very first meet her.  After that, she is my crazy loud one!)

Luke saw Daddy and just had to go be with him.  He is a Daddy's boy!

It was so good for Brek to go, and I think she is really excited for school to start now.  She always talks about her school and her playground now.  Yay!

1 comments:

beks27

That's awesome that she got to go, especially with Brock there. Is Kindergarten all day or half day? Remember when YOU taught kindergarten? Ellie is doing a 2 day/ week pre-k that she's pretty excited about. I'm still undecided about it :)