Tuesday, December 6, 2016

School

The Thursday before Thanksgiving break,  I went to pick the kids up from school.  The principal and another teacher were walking Brek to the car, but I didn't see Tyce anywhere.  I started to panic that something had happened to Tyce.  He showed up right as they were opening the car door.  Brek was the one I should have been worried about!  The principal told me that as they were walking out Brek's foot got caught on the door and got cut.  There was a big bandaid on it, but I could see that it was bleeding EVERYWHERE!!  
I rushed home, cleaned it up and sent this pic to Brock asking if it needed stitches.  He said I should probably take her in.  So I dropped the older boys off with Brock and rushed to take Brek to the urgent care.  Halfway there, Brock called and said that the athletic trainer at the school could fix it.  So we turned around.  She was able to clean it up and put steri strips on it to close it up.  What a relief.
That night the principal from Brek's school called to check and make sure that Brek was okay.  I was so impressed.  This school has been such a huge blessing in our lives.  Also, what a huge blessing that the athletic trainer was able to fix it up!

I was able to go to the school the next day to have lunch with the kids.  It was so fun, and I loved seeing the kids light up when they walked into the cafeteria and saw us!



Bruce was a hit with Tyce's classmates! :) 

And one without food in Brek's mouth! 


0 comments: