Friday, September 2, 2016

Brek's Birthday

On the very busy day of Brek's baptism, we were able to squeeze in a birthday party!  Luckily, Brek decided that a pink heart would be a perfect birthday cake.  Nana brought the cake pan and helped Brek make the cake!  Perfect for me!

My beautiful 8 year old girl! 

Notice Brek's hands are dyed pink from the sprinkles she put on the cake 

Brek had so much fun with Jordyn! 

All of the kid birthday partiers! 

Bruce really wanted to blow out those candles! 


Brek got scriptures from Nana and Papa and the scripture case and accessories from Grandma and Grandpa.  She loves it!  

Side story: A few days later Brek reminded me that we needed to read scriptures.  She pulled out her scriptures and started reading for all of us.  After reading a couple of lines, she paused and said, "Mom, I want to bare my testimony.   When I read the scriptures I feel special."  I sure love this sweet girl and her strong testimony. 

This was everyone prepping for the birthday party!  Nana helping Brek with the cake and Grandma and Kristin entertaining the kids/keeping them away from the frosting! 

The boys decorated a few cupcakes for themselves :) 

Grandpa and Grandma during some much needed down time after our crazy weekend watching movies with the kids.  They love their Grandma and Grandpa!

Grandma brought bubble gum for a gum blowing competition!
I think Brek might have won this one! 

Bruce cuddling/sleeping with Kristin

0 comments: